Welcome to the Food Composition Database for Epidemiological Studies in Italy (Banca Dati di Composizione degli Alimenti per Studi Epidemiologici in Italia – BDA). On this website you will find:
- the list of food that can be consulted on-line (n = 978);
- energy calculated including also fibre;
- a flexible system to search data by food name, by food code, by food component, by food category;
- the documentation concerning the food components;
- an extensive list of references;
- a review of works due to the BDA.
The food items included into the database are characterized by a symbol:
The BDA working group:
- is a member of the international non-profit association EuroFIR AISBL (Association Internationale Sans But Lucratif), that originates from the European project EuroFIR (European Food Information Resource), a network of excellence focusing on food information resources.
- coordinates NUTRIRETE.lab, a network to collect food composition data, produced by public and private laboratories developed as part of Work Package 4 (WP4) of the Operating Unit 4 (OU 4 – SIAGRO) of the QUALIFU project (Qualità Alimentare e Funzionale), funded by the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry (MIPAAF) (M. D.2087/7303/09).
To receive our database in electronic format (excel file) a contribution has to be paid. The contribution is paid as a “donation” and the funding will be used for research activities connected to the BDA project. The amount of the contribution depends on the final use and any commercial purposes. Consult the section “Contributions for the use” to find out how to request data.