The Food Composition Database for Epidemiological Studies in Italy contains information regarding the content of nutrients and components in food that is most commonly eaten in Italy.
Users can perform different kind of searches:
- By food name: it is possible to perform a search by inserting the name of the food, the scientific name or part of these.
- By food code: it is possible to perform a search by inserting the food code.
- By food category: it is possible to perform a search within a specific food category by clicking on the group of interest. Food are divided into 28 categories, i.e. groups of food items with similar characteristics.
- By component or nutrient: it is possible to perform a search on one or more components (up to a maximum of three), also defining the quantity (fixed, range, etc.)
- Visualization of the food list: it is possible to display by alphabetical order all food items included in the database.